Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Water Was Off. Again. With No Warning.

One of the things I hate the most about living where we do is that they continually have trouble with the water lines.  We don't pay a water bill, so I really shouldn't be complaining, but it seems like every other week they are turning off the water to fix some "problem", but they never give any warning. This happened the other day when I was sick, and it really ticked me off.  I will be so happy when we can finally afford to by our own place, and not have to deal with landlords and maintenance people.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I like where we live just fine.  Granted, I can not do any bathroom shower remodeling on my own, or paint the walls, but I have found other ways to make this place our home. I have hung lots and lots of pictures, and for the girls room, I bought some of those giant wall stickers, which they absolutely love.  I also have all my elephants and books on display, which always makes me feel at home.  Weird, I know, but that's me.

Of course, there are benefits of renting, like not having to worry about fixing anything major if it breaks, like the a/c or the water heater.  When we first moved in, one of the homes had the shower floor fall out, and the maintenance man had to fix it, not the tenant.  I'm not sure if he used a Spokane Bathroom Remodel contractor, but I know the job was done in less than a day.  I am sure that tenant is enjoying his or her new luxury bath, knowing it didn't cost them a thing.

I know I would be.  At least until they turn the water off again without warning. 

No comments: