Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cosmetic Surgery

I have spoken before about my breast reduction. You all know that it is one of the best things I have ever done. Before my surgery, I was nervous. I wanted the best surgeon, and I wanted to know what to expect. I found a lot of Cosmetic Surgery Information online, and read most of it. It seemed like every person who wrote about having a breast reduction said the same thing that I say now; that it is the best thing they've ever done. I don't think most people realize the daily pain and embarrassment of being large breasted. I mean physical pain, as well as emotional pain. The back aches and shoulder pain were unbearable some days, and I can't tell you how many times people would talk to my chest instead of me. I walked hunched over, trying to hide how big I was.

I realize now that that didn't work. That just contributed to my back pain. But now, I walk with my head held high. My shoulders have not bothered me one bit since my surgery. They say that it takes a year to know exactly what your breasts will look like, and I am almost there. It has been eight months since my surgery, and I am happy with the results. I would highly recommend this surgery to any woman out there who is contemplating it. Just make sure you do your research, and pick a surgeon you are comfortable with, even if it's far from where you live. I would much rather have a great surgeon than a convenient one.

No comments: