Thursday, March 19, 2009

They're Teaching ME

I will admit it. I have never used Wikipedia.

In fact, all that I know about it, I have learned from television. How bad is that?

Now that they have Pocket Wikipedia available for mobile devices, I might be more inclined to use it. It is supposed to be perfect for small screen electronics, which is good, because I don't have one of those fancy phones. I just have a basic mobile. I don't even know how to work half the stuff on there. It's funny, though, because if I need something done, the kids know how to do it better than me, and they don't even have phones. I guess it's from playing with their friends phones. Or maybe it's just that in today's day and age, kids and electronics just go together. Brandi does things on the computer she learned in school that I don't even know how to do. I didn't know what a power point was until Ryan had to do one for class. It's a good thing they are learning all this in school, because I wouldn't be able to teach them. Heck, they are teaching me!

1 comment:

Missy said...

wikipedia is cool but you gotta know who your source is, some of the people that post to wikipedia do not have any educational background and because of that I know for a fact Spartanburg Tech and Clemson will not let us use them as a source for our papers. It makes since, you just don't know who is adding info about the subject you searched! So enjoy wikipedia but know what your reading might not be the whole truth and nothing but the truth...