Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meeting People

I never dated in high school. I had a lot of guy friends, but nothing serious. It was hard enough working full time, going to school, and finding time to hang out with friends. Now, don't get me wrong. I would have loved to have had a boyfriend, but it just wasn't meant to be for me. I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was almost nineteen, and that lasted for over three years.

It was after that relationship ended that I met my husband. I moved from New York to South Carolina. I started working at a fast food place, and met a wonderful woman who set me up on a blind date with Junior. As most of you know, I am extremely shy, and it wasn't easy for me to meet guys on my own. In fact, several people tried to set me up, but I was always too shy to actually act on it. I don't know what made me accept a date with Junior, but I am glad I did.

I hope I am never in the situation where I will have to start dating again. It is easier these days, because there are so many options online. You can find chat rooms specific to who you are, and meet people who have the same interests as you. I found a Senior Chat room where older people can connect with people their own age. Maybe that will be me one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you turn the comments off on the above post? I can't comment on it.

jenn said...

No...I was able to comment...who knows?