Monday, March 23, 2009

Junior's Hair Loss

Junior is going bald.

I cut his hair myself, and I do it with a shaver. He likes to keep his hair short, and I like it that way, too. But lately, every time I buzz his head, I am cutting less and less hair. It started with a little spot on the top of his head, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. His hair loss doesn't bother him too much. It doesn't bother me much, either.

I think he is worried about the Hair loss treatments that are available. We watched an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 where Jon went and had a hair transplant. It was scary, and to be honest, kind of gross, to watch. I had no idea what was involved. They cut the back of his head, and removed a piece of his scalp. Then they took the hair that was on the piece of scalp and put it on his head. Brandi was watching with us, and started screaming when they showed it. I was close to letting out a gasp myself. The things men do to look good.

Male hair loss is something that most men will face at some point in their lives. I know Junior's dad is bald on top, so there is a good possibility that Ryan will lose his hair, too. I hope he is like his dad, and doesn't get all freaked out about it. I mean, it's just hair.

No comments: