Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Phone Bills

I remember years ago, I used to use Calling Cards when I made long distance phone calls. I live in South Carolina, and my sister lives in New York. When she was pregnant with her youngest child, we talked every day. This was six years ago. Back then my phone company didn't offer a very attractive long distance plan, so I was paying by the minute. My phone bills were ridiculously high. It was then that I discovered Phone Cards. They offered a cheaper rate per minute, and they were available to purchase at most stores.

Now that I have a new home phone provider, I was able to sign up for free long distance. It's a good thing, too, because now I have three siblings who are long distance for me to call. I still have one sister in New York, I have another sister in New Jersey, and my brother lives in South Carolina, like me, but it is long distance for me to call him. I no longer pay by the minute, so my phone bill is not outrageous. I will, however, still use prepaid phone cards if I have to make international calls. I don't even want to know what my phone company would charge for those.

1 comment:

My Inspired Reality said...

I am a fan of the prepaid cards too. My husband and I use cell phones so rarely that we finally cancelled what we had and went the phone card route. Works great for us:):)