Thursday, March 26, 2009

Movies And Music

The last movie I saw in the theater was Twilight. I had to go with my sisters, because my husband hates going to the movies. I, on the other hand, could watch a different movie everyday. I really enjoy movies. I like comedies. My two favorite movies of all time are The Princess Bride and The 40 Year Old Virgin. Both of them are very funny movies. I can probably recite them word for word. I love recommending them to others, and then talking about my favorite parts. I also love when some one recommends a movie to me, or tells me which ones to avoid. Some times I will listen, but most times I like to give a movie a chance.

I will read Drama Movie Reviews that real people have given. I like the opinions of regular people, not movie critics. I don't need to know about how good or bad the technical stuff is, or how many awards a movie is nominated for. I just want to know if other people found it funny, or compelling, or hated it. I love watching movies that other people hate, and then I end up loving them. A friend sent me Young Frankenstein because she didn't like it, but I really enjoyed the humor of it. It just goes to show that what I like may not be what others like.

I also like reading music reviews, even though my taste in music is a little odd. I like country, and rock, and 80's music. It's great because I am passing my love of music down to my kids. In fact, my 13 year old son's favorite group right now is Def Leppard. I think that's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Princess Bride! I bought it for Aurora a few years ago.