Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Kids Junk

The past couple of days it has done nothing but rain. You know what that means? My yard is once again one big mud puddle. I hate when it gets like this, because it takes forever for it to dry out again. The neighbor behind us has some trees removed, and that provides a little more sun for us now, but not enough to dry out the grass. I say grass, but I don't know how much grass is left under all this rain water!

Once it does dry out, the kids and I have some work to do in the yard. I am going to have Junior Hauling some stuff to the landfill. When we moved, the kids wanted to take every single thing we had at the old house, which is understandable. We just didn't have enough room for everything to come into the apartment. This meant that some things were left outside.

It's been eight months, and the kids haven't played with any of it. Most of it has been rained on, and ruined. I may need to hire someone who does Junk Removal to take some of it off. I may have to wait until the kids are back in school, though, so I can avoid the tears. I know if they don't see it go, they probably won't even realize it is gone. Hopefully these Junk Hauling people can do it quickly. I only have an eight hour window to work with.

2 comments:

DubLiMan said...

I am making the rounds to SlogBite member sites and using SlogBite’s “Slog-a-Blog” to make the site choices for me, and this time your site was chosen. If you haven’t tried it you really should give it whirl. http://www.slogbite.com/particpant-features/slog-a-blog

BTW, I am in the process of making the SlogBite categories even more granular. I want to enable you, and all SB members, to create an accurate profile of your site using the SB categories to show off your best and/or your most important posts/articles. Therefore, if you have the time, please let me know what additional categories you would join if I created them. You can, and should get very specific. Take a look at SB's category list and leave a comment as to what else you would like to see. http://www.slogbite.com/joining-slogbite/category-list

You should also consider joining some additional categories. The more categories you join the more exposure you get on member sites and the better your chances of being selected on SlogBite's Slog-a-Blog game, as described above. If you need any categories to be created, just ask. I want SlogBite to be an accurate refection of what your site is all about, a resume of sorts.

Tammy said...

I still got a couple of feet of snow on my lawn. :o(