Monday, March 30, 2009

Tie Dye-ing

Kasi got a tie dye kit for Christmas from my dad. Today we decided to give it a try. I should have read the directions through first to begin with. I had to make the soaking solution (step one) and let it sit for 1-2 hours. Then we had to soak the t-shirt (step 2) in the solution for at least 30 minutes. When we were ready with the shirt, I realized the dye came in tablet form, and it took another 2 hours for them to dissolve (step 3). Five hours later, we were ready to squirt some dye in the holes of the handy little container that holds the shirt. It's what Kasi is holding below. Now we have to let it sit overnight, and hopefully tomorrow she will have made a beautiful shirt. The down side is, the shirts my dad gave her to dye are too small for her. They will fit Brandi, so she'll get to wear it.

No comments: