Thursday, March 12, 2009

Easter Memories

I loved Easter growing up. I remember every year we would get up and look for our Easter Eggs that the Easter Bunny hid during the night. Then it was off to church. After church, we would head to Grandmother's house for another egg hunt with our our cousins. She would hide an egg with each of ours names on it, and if you found someone else's egg, you had to leave it hidden. It was so much fun spending the day with family.

As an adult, Easter is different. For one thing, down south, the Easter Bunny doesn't hid the eggs during the night. I know for all you Northerners it sounds weird, and it was for me. Instead, the kids take turns hiding the eggs throughout the day. She still leaves baskets full of goodies, so my kids do have a surprise when they wake up Easter morning. I am trying to come up with more Easter Ideas to make the day special. What do you do to make Easter a special day for your kids?

1 comment:

Missy said...

We would have a central location that we'd have a cook out and easter egg hunt. We'd always have money eggs.

A few adults, usually whoever was hosting that years cookout, would get a couple of plastic eggs and put a dollar in each one!

It was a mad dash to get the money egg(s)!!!

If you ask any of my cousins they would say they remember that the most!

I think my mom started the tradition!

What ever you decide, take lots of pics!!!