Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Friend In Trouble

My husband has this friend. I won't mention names, but lets just say that he is the sweetest guy, who has a tendency to do some things I do not agree with. He has been stopped for drunk driving one too many times, and has done time for it. He also likes to smoke more than cigarettes, if you know what I mean. I think it's kind of sad, because he has some kids, and they notice the example he is setting. They have all started getting into trouble themselves. I thank God every night that Junior and I are good parents. I don't claim to be the best, because I know there are mistakes we are making, because everyone does. I am just happy that so far we have good kids, too.

My husbands friend had the misfortune of getting pulled over in North Carolina, and he had been drinking. He is now very familiar with the laws about DWI in Raleigh. Luckily he is not in need of Immigration Law in NC, because that could complicate his case. Junior is worried that his friend might be facing more jail time, because this is not his first offense. Heck, I don't even think this is his fifth offense. Hopefully this brush with DWI in NC will be the one that opens his eyes to the dangers of what he is doing.

No comments: