Monday, February 16, 2009

Kitchen's Up Next

Now that my bathroom is complete, I am going to start focusing on my kitchen. The previous tenants put up a hideous border on the top cabinets. Yes, I said ON the cabinets. It looks horrible. A couple of weeks ago Ryan and I tried to rip it down, only to find out that they put their hideous border on top of an even more hideous border. That's right. I now get to rip down layers of borders, and I can tell you, it's not fun. At all.

Once I get it all down, I am going to repaint the cabinets. Right now they are off-white, with brown cedar shingles above. I know that sounds weird, and it took me a while to get used to it. My plan is to try and get brown paint to match the singles, so I can paint the cabinets to match them. The counter top is brown fake wood stuff, so I hope it doesn't look bad with all brown. The walls will still be the off-white color, so it won't be too dark. When it's all done, I may end up needing the landlord to replace the kitchen sink so that it matches the newly painted cabinets. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: