Friday, February 20, 2009

Rocking At 90




What do you see yourself doing in fifty years? If you are like most people, you are just hoping to be alive. Me? I hope I am still able to enjoy the things I love doing today. That would of course include fishing, and my wood work. I would love to still be able to crochet, and hopefully make things for my Great Grandchildren. Maybe even my Great Great Grandchildren.

If you want to be inspired, you have got to watch the video above produced by Allee Willis. It shows a 91 year old woman playing the drums. I think that is awesome! She is all hooked up to her oxygen, keeping the beat the whole time. It goes to show that if you enjoy doing something, and you continue to do it, when you are 91 years old you can show off. And show off this woman does! She not only plays the drums, she sings, too. I think she is an inspiration to people everywhere. I hope when I am in my nineties, I can show off my talents just as well.

How about you? What will you be doing at ninety? Rocking out in the nursing home, or watching your friends rock out? I hope I'm the one doing the rocking!

No comments: