Thursday, February 19, 2009

Make New Friends

I have recently discovered instant messaging. I like that I can talk to people from all over the country. Heck, I could talk to someone from halfway around the world if I wanted too. I have always been curious about the lure of chat rooms, but have never felt comfortable actually checking one out. They are usually places where single people are looking to hook up, and that doesn't interest me in the least. I am very happily married.

Now that I have found out that there is a Married Chat Room I am excited to give it a try. These aren't people trying to hook up, like most of the singles chat rooms are. This is a place where you can connect with other married people, who are just looking to discuss life as a husband or wife. I think that takes some of the pressure off. You don't have to try and impress some strangers. You can be yourself. It might even be fun to see if there are people from my town on there. Everyone keeps telling me I need more friends. And truth be told, I already met an amazing family online who have become awesome "real life" friends, so I know it's possible to connect with awesome people this way.

No comments: