Friday, February 27, 2009

My Signs

I love working with wood. I love making my little signs, and I love to see the joy they bring other people. It takes a lot of work to make a blank piece of wood look beautiful, and I use a lot of different tools. My favorite, or course, is my rotozip. Junior bought it for me years ago as a gift, and I think it is the best present I have ever gotten. I also use a router to make the edges of the signs ornate. I go through quite a few router bits making my signs. I like having a variety, so that the edges of my signs all look different. I use Juniors drill to put the wire holes in them, and I have been known to break a few metal drill bits, especially the ones I use in the rotozip. Even though they are metal, they do break if you put too much pressure on them. They will also come flying out of the rotozip if you don't tighten it good enough. I know this because it has happened to me more than once. Luckily, I always have glasses on, so my eyes are protected. I can't say the same thing about my palms.

I have never tried composite milling but Junior thinks it might be something to look into. He knows how much I enjoy working with wood and tools, so this might be something I'll enjoy as well. I don't know, though. I'm pretty happy doing what I do.

No comments: