Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nosy Neighbors

I live in a duplex. When we first moved in, we had a young couple living in the other side. They were barely in their twenties, and I think they smoked more than cigarettes. They would knock on our door to hang out at midnight, and not think anything of it.

One day, I was sitting outside with the kids, and our neighbor walked over. She told me that the night before, her and her boyfriend were on our front porch, checking out the things we had out there. I was floored! Not only because she did that, but because I did not hear them out there. I wish we had some kind of security camera surveillance equipment out there, or motion sensor lights, or something. At least then I would have been alerted to someone being out there. It's a good thing they were only looking, because they could have stolen everything out there, and we never would have known who did it.

Luckily, a month after we moved in, they moved out. No more midnight visits, or hanging out on my porch. Is it wrong to say I was happy to see them go?

No comments: