Monday, June 15, 2009

Arctic Tale

Brandi convinced me to watch this with her the other night. She had seen it in school, and wanted me to see it, too. I am not that into documentaries, mostly because I hate seeing animals die. I know it's natures way, but it is still sad.

This movie is narrated by Queen Latifah who I just happen to really like. She is in Hairspray, and sings the most beautiful song while they are marching in the streets. Anyway, this movie follows the lives of Nanu, a polar bear cub, and Seela, a baby walrus. It was interesting to see what these animals have to endure just to survive. I don't want to spoil it for those wanting to watch it, but I cried when each animal lost someone close to them.

I would like to see a "behind the scenes" on how it was filmed, because they got pretty close sometimes. I would recommend this movie, but suggest having tissues close by.

No comments: