Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's An Electric Bike?

My dad used to love to ride a bike. He decided years ago to lose weight, so he bought a bicycle. He rode every evening, and lost a lot of weight. I remember riding with him a couple of times, and being exhausted by the time we got home. I was in elementary school, and riding for a few miles was a big deal. He took me farther than I was ever allowed to go on my own, and I enjoyed being asked to go with him.

Did you know that you can get an electric bike now? I will admit, when I first heard of these, I thought, "what's the point?". If you want something to ride that you don't have to pedal, then get a motorcycle. Then I read up on Electric Bikes and find them fascinating. They run on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and you can coast along, or assist by pedaling. I found it interesting that you can ride in the rain for short periods, but should avoid deep puddles and going long distances in the rain. These bikes are environmentally friendly, and are a great alternative to taking the car to the corner store. You can get a little exercise by pedaling along, and be kind to the environment at the same time.

I found the bike pictured at Premium Electric Bikes, and it's their Green Cruiser Electric Bike. It is made for children, or adults under 5 feet two inches tall. That would definitely be me. It sells for a discounted price, just like all their bikes. Oh, and they offer free shipping, which is great because I am all about saving money when I can.

If you are looking for an Electric Bicycle, Premium Electric Bikes is the first place you should look. It will most likely be the only place you check once you see their prices.

1 comment:

Coach Purs said...

Cycling is environmentally friendly and can exercise the body, is a good mode of transport