Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting Organized

Ryan has spent the past few days organizing our shed. Junior has a million and two tools, and they were just thrown in there. Ryan has been going through them and putting them in tool chests. I don't think these tools have ever been so organized.

Ryan's energy has been rubbing off on me a little, and I have been cleaning up inside the house. My kitchen needs to be organized better, but I just don't know where to start. When we moved in, I couldn't unpack much because I had just had surgery. The kids tried to help, but most things just got stuck in the cabinets without much thought to organization. It's been almost a year, and I have left everything where the kids put them. I really need to take everything out of the cabinets, and start over.

The kitchen itself could use some updating, too. I would love new linoleum on the floor, and a new sink would be nice, too. Right now it has a tiny little sink that doesn't hold many dishes. I was looking at stainless steel sinks and found some that have a lower middle bar. It's called a "smart divide" sink, and it is designed to make it easier to wash cookie sheets and long pans. I wouldn't mind having one of those. I do a lot of baking, and it would make washing those dishes easier. If I was a little more "green" I would chose a granite sink made from environmentally friendly materials. Those do come in some pretty awesome colors. But, since this is a rental, I am sure the landlords will put in whatever is cheapest. When I finally get my own place, everything will be exactly what I want.

But for now, I need to start emptying the cabinets. Sounds like fun, right?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I have to clean my kitchen cabinets. Not looking forward to it. hehe