Friday, June 5, 2009

Looking Stylish While Pregnant

My sister, Tami, is having a hard time finding jeans that fit. She is almost six months pregnant, and getting into that awkward "everything I wear looks funny" stage. She has been looking at maternity clothing but still can't find anything that she likes. I think she might just be a little to picky, but that's just my opinion. My other sister Colleen has been wearing the cutest maternity jeans, so I know there are clothes out there that would work for Tami. Her and Colleen have the same style, and usually like the same things, clothes included.

When my mother was pregnant all those years ago, she wore the awfullest looking clothes. I think the style at the time was huge billowy mu mu type dresses that did nothing to flatter her pregnant figure. I won't even discuss what passed for maternity wear on my grandparents. I am not looking forward to the day when my kids look at pictures of me when I was pregnant with them and laugh. But, I know it's coming, just like I know their kids will one day make fun of them.

My sisters should be happy that they can still look stylish while pregnant. I am sure if she shops a little more, she will find the perfect pair of jeans.

No comments: