Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Silver Dollar City

I used to love riding roller coasters. When I was younger, we would go to the amusement parks, and the bigger the coaster was, the more I would want to ride it. My kids are finally at the age where they can start enjoying the big roller coasters, and I have been debating where I should take them. I did a little research, and think I have decided on Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri. If we go between June 6th and August 9th, we can participate in the KidFest.

If you are unfamiliar with Silver Dollar City, you should know that it is a family friendly theme park. It offers roller coasters and water rides, just like other parks, but it also takes you back in time to "the simplicity of 1880's America". They have workers who demonstrate what life what like back then, and how people lived. The park has craft shops and craft classes, as well as live shows and restaurants. I like the idea that while having fun, my kids can also learn something.

While in Branson, we will need some place to stay. I am leaning towards either the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing or the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel. These hotels are located right across the street from each other, and I am going to be honest when I say where we stay totally depends on the pools. Whichever hotel pool I like better will get our business. It's going to be a tough decision, though, because I have seen pictures, and both hotels have beautiful pools.

I guess we could stay a night or two in each, just to be fair. Sounds good, right?
Post?slot_id=39054&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comment:

KAT said...

Sounds good to me!! Branson in the summer, yup!

Hey, I have given you an award over on http://soycandleblog.blogspot.com/

Come and get it!! LOL

Take care,
Kat