Saturday, June 20, 2009

In The River

The kids were so excited this afternoon when I told them we were going to go play in the river. The one we used to go to is in NC, so we gassed up the van and headed out. After a pretty good drive, we get there only to discover that they now charge to get in. It's one of those boxes where you put the money in the envelope, and then hang half the ticket on your mirror. We didn't have any cash, and I wasn't about to leave my debit card in there. The kids were crushed, so Junior decided to try another place, somewhere he went when he was younger. Luckily, they still let you play there. The bad thing was that they also sell beer, and there were a bunch of people partying. We only stayed for about thirty minutes, but it was long enough for the kids to get wet...me, too...and cool off. Yes, I braved the stares and got in my bathing suit, and played in the water. I had a ball! Next time we will go back to the other place, now that we know we need to bring our five dollars.

1 comment:

Missy said...

YOU KILL ME! You are gorgeous! Stop putting yourself down! If anyone was looking they were jealous of Junior! They all were trying to figure out how he got such a younger woman!!!
Thats exactly what it was!!!

Looks like the kids had a blast!

We need to find a great place to swim and go hang out together!!!