Friday, June 5, 2009

What Could Have Been

My fourteenth wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. I can't believe it has been this long. It seems like it was only yesterday that we stood in the court house saying our "I do"'s. Sometimes I regret not having a big wedding, but Junior and I are planning to renew our vows for our twentieth anniversary in a few years, and I will have my "wedding" then. I am not one for being in the spotlight, but I know the kids will love being a part of the ceremony.

One of the things I missed the first time was picking out china patterns. I didn't have the fancy wedding, so I didn't get all the gifts that go with one. I saw no point in registering for the things I wanted, because no one was going to buy them for me. I missed getting to pick out the dinnerware and household items that would have fit perfectly with the decor of my first place. If I had picked out a china pattern, these Richard Ginori goblets would have matched that design perfectly. I am all about simplicity, and that is the vibe I get when I look at this goblet. It's just gorgeous, isn't it?

No comments: