Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Antiques

This is the side of Kasi's dollhouse. My mom bought the kit to make it with my younger sisters, but never finished it. A couple of years after Kasi was born, she asked me if I wanted to finish it Kasi. I said sure, and began the painstakingly detailed job of putting together this beautiful dollhouse. The only problem was that during the time the dollhouse sat in the box, some pieces went missing. The only part my mom had assembled was the base, and that was broken. I was pleasantly surprised when one phone call to the dollhouse maker replaced all the missing parts, for free. It took me a couple of months to finish, but it was worth it.

The inside of the house has three stories, with two rooms on each. It's been about 10 years since I finished it, and it still isn't fully furnished. I want Kasi to decorate it, and maybe she will show more of an interest when she gets a little older. Right now it sits, abandoned, on the top of our freezer. It needs a little work, and I can't wait until Kasi asks for my help to fix it.


Now, this doesn't mean that I don't like to look at furniture for it. I have visions of what each room should look like. Zoolabees dollhouse miniatures has a beautiful selection of furniture. Now, I don't think any dollhouse is complete without a nursery. To me, nothing is cuter than baby furniture. The nursery would need a crib, rocking chair, dollhouse changing tables and dressers. I found the one pictureed here at Zoolabees, and absolutely love it. It looks like a true antique. They also carry a crib, high chair, and bassinet in the same style, and they are all just as beautiful.

I wonder if Junior would let me get a part time job just to pay for dollhouse furniture? I get the feeling, though, that if I did get a job, he would probably expect me to pay some bills. Man, sometimes it's no fun being responsible.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh what fun. I had always wanted to make one of those houses. My friend Judi and her daughter made one and it was in her living room for years. It is really nice.