Thursday, April 2, 2009

Is It Love?

I used to be a pretty good matchmaker. When I was in high school, I got a few couples together. It was always much easier for me to set other people up than it was for me to get myself a date. In fact, I never had a boyfriend in school. It wasn't until the Christmas after graduating that I started dating my first boyfriend. We were together for over three years, and I learned a lot from him.

The bad part was that I went right back to being unable to find a date. I know you might find that hard to believe, seeing as how I am so funny and beautiful. The thing was, right after the break up, I moved down south and didn't know anyone. I wasn't into the bar scene, and I didn't start working right away. I was going to look into things like Catholic Chat rooms, but I didn't know much about the computer back then. It was after I started working that I was set up with my husband. A girl I worked with knew him, and thought we would hit it off.

And we did. But, if you are a regular reader, you know this, because I have shared this story before. Some days I can't help but wonder about what my girls will be like when they start dating. Will they be confident and secure in their own skin, or will they have the same insecurities I had? I try very hard not to say things about Kasi's weight, because I know how it feels to constantly be told that I need to lose weight. I know how it made me feel, and I do not want my kids to feel that way. Besides, Kasi doesn't need to lose weight. I just hope she never ends up needing to. With Junior and I being overweight, I worry that the kids will be one day too. I guess I need to start now to make sure that never happens.

No comments: