Monday, April 6, 2009

My Broken Tub

I am having bathtub problems. A few weeks ago, the knob for the hot water in the tub broke. It would not completely turn off. Junior put in a call to the management company, and they promised to send a plumber out either that day or the next to fix it. It was a Thursday that Junior called, and they didn't come that day. Or the next.

I didn't want to wait to see if they'd show up on Monday, because it was the hot water that was running. I wouldn't have cared if it was the cold side, but by continuously running the hot, it was going to raise my power bill. We don't pay our water bill, the management company does, so I wasn't worried about that. Junior ended up getting the stuff to fix it himself. The problem was, the whole fixture is so old, they no longer sell the same one. We ended up having to get a different knob, so now the hot and cold do not match. I really don't care, as long as it's not running anymore.

I was surprised that the management company didn't send someone. We never called and told them that we fixed it ourselves, they just never sent anyone. Last week when I was cleaning the tub, the lever that clogs the drain so the water stays in the tub broke off, and there is no way for it to be fixed, It needs to be replaced. I'm about ready to call a plumber myself. It's too bad I didn't live close enough to use a Mercer Island plumber. Whenever we take a shower, the tub fills, because it drains so slow because of the broken lever. I'm guessing it's something we are just going to have to live with. Kind of like out leaky roof.

No comments: