Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Vacationing In Vermont

I have traveled up and down the East Coast more times than I like to talk about. I lived in New York for twenty two years, and always enjoyed taking the ferry to Connecticut.

When I was in my early twenties, my parents relocated to South Carolina. I remember, not so fondly, the car trips my sister and I took to visit them. It took about fourteen hours to drive, and I can tell you first hand that it is a very boring drive. We went through New Jersey, Maryland, Virgina, and North Carolina, finally making it to South Carolina. It was highway the whole way, with nothing to look at but the road.

After moving down south myself, my mother decided she wanted to drive to Florida, so we went through Georgia to get there. This means I have been through every state from Connecticut to Florida. I have never been to New England, though, and think that I really missed out. I have heard how beautiful Vermont weddings in Winter can be, with all the snow on the ground. I have never been to Vermont Meetings or taken advantage of any Vermont activities like skiing or going on the Ben & Jerry's Tour. And I have to tell you, touring an ice cream factory sounds like heaven. I think we might need to plan a vacation up north soon.

No comments: