Friday, April 17, 2009

Call Me

I remember years ago, I used to use Phone Cards to call long distance. I have family in different states, and it got expensive just calling them from my regular phone, because at that time, I didn't have a long distance plan. One year for Christmas, my dad and my sister both gave me calling cards and they saved me a lot of money. When we moved, I got a really good deal on my long distance calls with my home phone provider. In fact, I'm pretty sure I pay one low monthly fee, and all my long distance calls are included in that so I no longer have to purchase prepaid phone cards.

I do call my sister a lot, though. She lives in New York. She used to pay per call, too, until her husband found out how high her phone bills were. She switched to calling cards, too, and saved a bunch of money. We still talk several times a week, and will probably talk more often once her baby is born in September. I am still hoping for a girl. She finds out in about a month, and I can not wait. I just hope she isn't too disappointed if it is a boy. But to be honest, she probably wouldn't know what to do with a girl after three boys. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: