Saturday, April 25, 2009

Vegas Vacation

I used to have a friend who went to Las Vegas every few months. She wasn't a gambler, but loved the busyness and bright lights of the city that never sleeps. I have never been myself, but if I was to someday go, it would be for the shows. I hear they are extravagant and extremely entertaining. The top two shows in would love to see are the Cirque du Soleil show, and the Blue Man Group.

I remember these guys from the commercials they used to do. I will admit that their expressionless blue faces are a little freaky, but I hear their show is amazing. I was looking to see the price of Blue Man Group Tickets, and was surprised to find out that there is a "poncho section". This is where you can expect to get wet and dirty, and what is more fun than that? I even heard that they encourage audience participation, and that audience members can find themselves pulled onstage to join the fun. I would probably die of embarrassment, but you only live once, right?

The good thing is that if we went with the kids, this show is family friendly. I'm not sure how many shows in Vegas are suitable for kids, so it's nice to know there will be at least one thing they can enjoy. If only I could find the time, and money, to head to Las Vegas. I really do need a vacation.

No comments: