Friday, April 24, 2009

Cows

When I was little, I remember my Dad's Aunt and Uncle lived in Upstate New York. We would go visit, and our favorite thing to do was calling the cows. They had a huge pasture, and if you stood at the fence and yelled "comebus", they would come over. It was really neat.

Living in the south now, I see cows every day. In fact, there is a pasture right down the street. I don't think I could handle having to care for live animals like that, so Ranches for sale would not be for me, unless they came with ranch hands. I am not the kind of girl who would get up at the crack of dawn to roosters cock-a doodle-doing for me to milk the cows.

Junior has been looking at the Land for sale in our area, and so far hasn't been able to find exactly what we would want. Our ideal would be something that had a lake on it, or something big enough where we could make our own lake. Looking at fishing properties for sale is another option. The kids, especially Ryan, would love being able to drown a worm anytime they wanted. Heck, I would love it, too.

No comments: