Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Making Friends

I have a hard time making friends. I have been told more than once that I come off as snobbish. I can see that. Not that I agree that I am a snob, but that I might come off that way.

You see, I am very shy. Almost painfully shy. I have a hard time talking to new people, because I am afraid that I will say the wrong thing, or make myself look like an idiot. So I don't talk at all. I do not in any way think I am better than other people. In fact, I think the opposite might be true. In a way I probably think other people are better than me.

Wow. Did any of that make sense?

I always worry that people will think I am stupid, or that what I have to say isn't important. I may not be educated as well as some people, and I may not be up to date on everything political going on in this country, so I tend to keep to myself. Except online. Online I can be myself. I can ramble on about who I am and what I think, and most people are super supportive.

I have thought about going into a free local chat room to maybe find some people in my area who have the same interests as me. No, I am not looking for a boyfriend. I think Junior might have a problem with that. I'm just looking for a friend. Maybe another mother with kids my kids ages. Someone to hang out with while the kids play together. The main thing is that if we chat online first, I can think about what I want to say before typing it. I am much more comfortable with that.

No comments: