Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mowing My Grass

For those of you who know me well, you will not be surprised by the following statement.

I love mowing my grass.

I love getting on the riding mower with my MP3 full blast. I am able to sing at the top of my lungs for an hour, and nobody complains. Mostly because they can't hear me, but whatever. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. Nothing says it's Spring to me more then the first time I smell the grass.

I was so happy when Junior said last weekend that it was time to mow. I had been looking forward to it for months. I got the mower out and Junior made sure the tires were good. I had gas and oil, so I was ready to go. I turned on some Lady Antebellum and was on my way!

I didn't get very far. For some reason, I had a lot of rocks in my grass, and they were shooting out towards the neighbors cars, so we decided to wait until the next day when they were at work to do it. I don't remember exactly what happened the next day, but Junior ended up mowing for me.

When I went outside today, I noticed that the grass needs to be mowed again, and this time I am doing it. Junior can weed eat. I hate doing that. Our garden needs some tending, too. I have been thinking about using natural lawn care products, you know, going organic. I think it would be good for my veggies. My plants, as well as my grass, need fertilizer, and organic fertilizers help improve the soil, allowing it to better retain more nutrients and moisture. I am sure those would pass on to my plants, making my veggies all yummy and healthier.

No comments: