Friday, April 24, 2009

Singles

Being a single parent is not easy. I have a friend who is raising a daughter all by herself. Luckily she has the support of her mother and grandmother, and her child's father does what he can. But at the end of the day, it is just the two of them, and it can get lonely. Sometimes you just need to have adult conversation, and that is hard to do when the only person in the house is just learning to talk.

These days you can get online and find places where single parents chat. You can find the support you need, and the conversations you are craving. Signing up is free, and you can even use your web cams. You don't have to be looking for a relationship, either. You can just make friends, and talk to other single parents who are dealing with the same struggles you are.

Now, that's not saying that you can't find someone to have a meaningful relationship with. I know my friend isn't looking for that right now. She just wants to talk to someone who understands what she is going through. She knows she can talk to me, but having never been a single parent, I do not really understand how hard things can be on her. I do, however, always offer to do whatever i can to help her out. I mean, isn't that what friends are for?

No comments: