Monday, April 27, 2009

My Dream House

I woke up this morning wondering if I really want to live here for another year. A few weeks ago I was so sure about re-signing our lease, but now I am not so sure.

This apartment is so small, and we are always on top of each other. It is hard to find privacy sometimes, which is frustrating for the kids, especially Kasi. We have always been a close family, and living here has brought us even closer. However, the kids are getting older, and I know they want more privacy. I grew up sharing a room with my two younger sisters, so I totally understand her frustration.

I have been dreaming about having a house built just for us, exactly the way I want it. I could even hire Denver Home-Builders to build it. It would have four bedrooms, each with it's own bathroom and walk in closets. We'd have an office for my computer, complete with an awesome stereo system. It would have a playroom for the kids, with all their toys, and then a electronics room for all Ryan's video games and a huge television for movie night. The kitchen would be huge, and state of the art. And as long as we are dreaming, it would also have a personal chef and a maid.

My backyard would have a huge in ground pool, and a barbecue area complete with grill, outdoor fridge, and counters. It would look like a real kitchen. It would have a gazebo with party lights, and beautiful flower gardens.

I think I need to start saving my pennies if I want to make this dream a reality.

No comments: