Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Apples And Bananas

I got the weirdest phone call a couple of weeks ago. I answered, said hello, and the person on the other end played a song for me. Was it a friend playing my favorite song? Heck no. It was someone who shall remain nameless, playing that children's song about apples and bananas. You know, the one that says:

"I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas"

Very annoying to say the least. I remember this song from the days when my kids watched Barney, the big purple dinosaur. Now, I think it is very immature for a grown person to stoop to prank calling people, and to be honest, I don't think he or she realized that his or her number came up. See, I don't want to say who it was, but those who know us well can figure it out.

I feel like adding the number to Caller Wiki. This is a site where you can add you two cents about any phone number in the United States. It's great for all those annoying telemarketers who call, and the number comes up but not the name. Just put the number into this website, and you may be able to find out who it was. Or, if you figured out who it was, you can enter that information into the site, so other people will be able to look it up. Sounds great, right? I sure would like to be able to block some calls from even coming in, but my phone provider doesn't offer that service yet. I can't even block private numbers like I could with my old phone provider. Hopefully they will have those features available soon. If not, I will be spending a lot of time on Caller Wiki.

No comments: