Friday, May 29, 2009

Heading Up North

My sister Tami has been asking me to come visit her in New York. I would love to be able to go, especially in July for her baby shower. I know she wouldn't mind if the kids and I stayed with her, but I know that with her husband and three kids, and my husband and three kids, it will be crowded. I really want to stay for a week or two, because my kids hardly ever get to see their cousins. I can already see myself lounging around her in ground pool and enjoying time with my family.

The most expensive part of the trip is always the drive up and back. Between gas and tolls, it can easily cost a couple of hundred dollars. If I want to stay in a hotel, I am going to have to find some extended stay hotel promotions. I know it won't be cheap for a family of five to stay in a hotel for a week or two, and I want to find the best deal possible. With the economy the way it is, people are choosing not to go on vacation because they can not afford to. With this in mind, I hope to find budget hotel summer specials and take advantage of them. I know prices will be competitive, and that will work to my advantage. I won't have to pay to eat out, I can just cook at my sister's house, so that should save me some money.

I hope I can make this work, because it has been so long since I have been up north, and I would love to see everyone.

No comments: