Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Friend

When I moved down south fifteen years ago, I didn't know anyone. I had just gotten out of a long relationship, and I was pretty depressed. For a few months, I did nothing but hang out at my mom's house. I slept in bed with my sister, and had nothing to do all day but think about my future. I was twenty two years old, and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.

I went to work at a fast food restaurant, and met some nice people. One girl in particular became my best friend. We did everything together, and I was able to move on from my depression. She was the one who eventually set me up with Junior. Before then, I was thinking of checking out christian chat rooms. I wasn't into the bar scene, and I wanted to met a nice guy. I knew chat rooms are free, and you can find people who share your interests. I grew up in a Baptist Church, and wanted to meet someone who did, too. That's not the way things worked out, though.

I married a man who didn't believe in church, but maybe that was what God intended for me. In the fourteen years I have been married, I have gotten him to go to church sporadically. We are talking about joining a church now. I hope this time it sticks.

No comments: