Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Movie Nights Are Fun

I love watching movies. Junior doesn't. This means that I never get to see the great movies in the theaters unless I go with my sisters. The last movie I saw in the theater was Monsters Versus Aliens in 3D. I only got to see that because I tagged along to a birthday party Brandi went to.

This means that if I want to see a movie, I have to rent it. My cable company offers rentals, but the just released movies are so expensive, and you only get to watch it for 24 hours. Sometimes, if a movie is really good, I like to watch it a few times. I was looking into BLOCKBUSTER, and their online program sounds promising. The one thing I really like is that they give you the option of exchanging your movies at a local store if you forget to mail back a movie you have already watched. This comes in handy when you forget on a Friday morning that you planned your weekly movie night with the family, and all you have is last weeks movie.

I love doing movie night at my house. I like watching with Kasi best, because we have the same taste in movies, the scarier the better. She can watch just about any scary movie without having nightmares. There was one movie that did give her nightmares though, and that was Sweeny Todd. I think it's pretty funny that she can watch monsters and horror flicks, but a barber slitting throats gives her the willies. Go figure.
Post?slot_id=38308&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comment:

Missy said...

We use blockbuster. Theres a rule in our house, Sam gets to choose the "mailers" and I get to exchange them for new movies or whatever's in the store. We also get printed coupons with our receipt that gives us a free older in store movie rental per month.

It works and in the fall when we all were in school we only got 2 mailers at a time sent to us and in the summer for a few extra bucks we get 3 mailers. We are now paying about $20 per month for 3 mailers.


They just started limiting the in store exchange time. This would be the only down side to it. We get about two or three exchange times per month. We'd wear it out when we were in Clemson, lol! Now that we have to drive 30 mins to BB we exchange them about 2 to 3 times a month, lol.