Friday, May 22, 2009

The Strangers

I love a good scary movie. Blood and gore are great. The more outlandish the plot, the better. I'll take monsters and vampires any day.

There has only been one movie that literally scares me to death.

Halloween.

Why? Because the original Halloween can actually happen. Home with kids, deranged stranger stalking and terrifying you. I hate the part where she looks out the window, and he is standing by the tree across the street, and then a second later he is gone. I get the heebie geebies just thinking about it.

That said, I should have known better than to watch a movie about a couple who are terrorized during a home invasion. It had the same suspense moments as Halloween, and I am totally going to have nightmares about it. It stars Kristen (Liv Tyler ) and James ( Scott Speedman) as a young couple who arrive "home" in the early hours of the morning, only to be terrorized by three strangers in masks who relentlessly try to kill them. I know, it doesn't sound too scary, but trust me, I am so glad it was light out when I watched it.

No comments: