Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rudeness

I just got back from the grocery store, and I am just beside myself. I don't know if you would remember this, but right after I had my surgery, we went into this store and the manager told me I looked funny with my new boobs. I never did complain about her, though, and now I wish I had.

This manager was bagging my groceries, and Junior had walked down a few aisles trying to find boo a candy bar she wanted. This woman looks at me and asks if I was still happy with my decision to have the reduction.

I said yes, it was the best decision I had ever made.

Now, had she stopped talking there, I would have been okay. The cashier is a young girl we know well, because we are in the store almost every day.

Then the manager says to me...

I bet your husband doesn't think so.

What the crap? I was so embarrassed. She said this in front of other customers and the cashier. By the time Junior had come back, she was bagging at another register. I told him what she said, and he told me to wait by the door, and off he went. He came back with the store manager, and I had to tell him what she said. I think he was more embarrassed than I was. I told him I didn't mind discussing my surgery, but her reference to Junior crossed the line. He agreed, and said he wasn't comfortable handling it himself, so he was going to let his boss talk to her.

I hope they make her realize that some things just aren't okay to say.

No comments: