Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mens Makeup?

I am going to be honest with you right now. When I heard about mens makeup, the first thought I had was that it was for men who are on television. I know stars rely heavily on makeup so that the camera lights don't drown them out. I was a little surprised to learn that everyday men are using it now. I have a brother-in-law who I could see using something like this. He is very concerned with his looks and appearance, which isn't a bad thing. I think my sister refers to him as a metrosexual. He is a professional, and looking good helps with his business.

Adsc08299-sm

These are concealer sticks and they come in seventeen different shades. They are pretty much the same as what women use to hide blemishes and scars, among other things. If you think about it, I guess it's only fair that men be able to make themselves look their best. Using mens cosmetics when going clubbing or to the prom may help boost a guys self-confidence.

That being said, I just can not see myself with a guy who puts that much effort into his appearance. I'm not saying I want to be with a total slob, but I just don't want to be with someone that vain. It could also be that I never wear makeup, so I wouldn't want my husband to. I'm not sure, I just think it's a little weird.

What do you think?
Post?slot_id=38494&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: