Saturday, May 23, 2009

Health Insurance

I have been thinking lately that I really need to go get a physical. I know I am overweight, and extremely out of shape. I have tried diet after diet, but nothing seems to stick with me. I need to have some blood work done to make sure it's not something like my thyroid. As awful as that would be, at least it would be a reason for my weight. I also think Junior and I both need to have our blood sugar levels checked. I had gestational diabetes with Kasi, so I am worried I might be developing the real thing.

The problem with all of this is that we do not have health insurance right now. We used to go to the free clinic, but we need to be re certified, and haven;t had a chance to go down there. They also sent out a letter saying they are overwhelmed with patients, so they may not approve us again. I need to look into kaiser insurance and get a quote. We can not afford too much of a monthly payment, but I know we have to do something. I found kaiser California online, but think I may need to look into something closer to home. I also found kaiser permanente atlanta Georgia and that is a lot closer to me. I hope they can give us a policy we can afford, because we can not continue to be uninsured.

No comments: