Saturday, May 9, 2009

Acne, Not So Much Fun

I remember how rough it was to be a teenager. I may have had it worse than most, because not only was I overweight, but I had horrible skin. No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of my Acne. I tried all kinds of Acne Products, but nothing worked. Even now, as an adult, I still have breakouts. I thought this was something people outgrow, but I can see that I was wrong. My skin was especially bad right after I gave birth, but I blame that on my hormones being out of whack.

I wish the Natural Acne Treatments of today were available when I was in school. I remember my mother taking my brother to the dermatologist for his breakouts, and he was given a prescription cream to use. My face never got that bad, thank goodness, but I do worry about my kids. My son has started having breakouts, and I am at a loss as to what to try with him. I am leaning towards the natural creams, because I believe the chemicals in some creams can actually make your skin look worse. And as a mother, I do not want him to be made fun of the way I was.

No comments: