Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom's Dream House

My mom is looking at houses again. I am excited for her, that she is able to find exactly what she wants, and she won't have to settle. I know her dream is to buy an older home, with a wrap around porch and front stair way. You know what I mean. One of those houses that when you see it, you just know it's a Grandmother's house. I hope she can find what she wants within her price range.

The only drawback of these older homes is all the work that needs to be put into them. Junior can do a lot of the stuff himself, and Mike can help, too. Some things, however, may have to be done by Overland Park Remodeling. There are certain things that are best left to the professionals. The first house my mom found was two stories, and the stairway was open all the way up. The walls needed to be re-plastered, and that was something that Junior just couldn't do. Since his shoulder surgery he has to be careful.

I can't wait until my mom does find her dream house. One of her conditions is that it has to have a pool, or at least a yard big enough to put in an in ground pool. That is what I am looking forward to. Swimming.

No comments: