Monday, May 11, 2009

New Discovery

I have shared with you in the past about CryoCell, and the benefits of saving your child's cord blood, as well as your own menstrual blood. The stem cells found in each can be used to treat over seventy different diseases, including leukemia, lymphoma, and sickle cell anemia.

According to a CryoCell Press Release released last week, it has been discovered that adding the cells found in menstrual blood to the cells found in cord blood increases the number of mature cells grown. This is a great thing, because obviously, cord blood is not as readily available as menstrual blood, and a single cord blood collection only provides enough stem cells to transplant into a child, or a small adult. Researchers have been trying to find a way to increase that number of stem cells, and they are able to do that with the cells found in menstrual blood.

I know this is a touchy subject with some people, but I just don't see the downside. These cells are being use to treat so many diseases. I wish I had collected my kids cord blood. I would have prayed to never have to use it, but it would have been nice to know I had that option. I can only hope that I will never have to regret not doing it.
Post?slot_id=37664&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: