Sunday, May 10, 2009

Staying Cool

I think it's Summer.

It has been so hot here lately. I was with my brother yesterday, and he said that he turned his air conditioning on yesterday for the first time. I was shocked, because we have had ours on for about a month now. He said he would rather be a little warm than pay a high power bill. I would rather be comfortable.

When we moved here last summer, it was in the lease that we would have working air conditioners. We realized the first day that the unit in the wall didn't work, and asked that it be fixed. They sent out their maintenance man, and after looking at it for hours, he said it needed to be replaced, because there was too much wrong with it. They may need to call in Phoenix HVAC for a second opinion. Either way, that was last July, and we are still waiting. Luckily we had our own window units, so we are able to stay cool. Our power bill isn't that bad, either. I think it's because the apartment is so small, and the air flows through pretty well.

I just hope I can still say that when it's the middle of August, and it's 100 degrees outside.

No comments: