Sunday, May 3, 2009

Walk Away

I was talking with my friend the other day, and we were discussing the problems she is having with her boyfriend. She thinks that he is cheating on her. It bothers me that she still wants to be with him, even if she finds out that it's true. I have no patience for people like that. How can you want to be with someone who wants to be with someone else? And what kind of a man would cheat instead of just breaking up with the current girlfriend first? I mean, what do you say to people who ask how you met? Do you fess up to cheating? Probably not.

I know sometimes it is hard to meet someone, but that doesn't mean you should stay with someone who treats you like that. Cheating just shows a lack of respect, if you ask me. There are so many ways to meet people these days, especially on the internet. There are all those dating sites that claim to match you with the perfect person, but how can you find the perfect person if you've never spoken with them? Chat rooms would offer you the chance to talk with people who share your interests, and they are free. You can find chat rooms for every walk of life, from handicap chat rooms to single parenting ones. You can even video chat with your web cam, and see who you're talking to. And with so many ways of meeting people, there is no reason to stay with someone who cheats. I am a true believer that if someone cheats once, they will do it again, especially if the person they cheated on forgives them.

My advice to my friend was to move on. I hope she listens to me. I hate to see her hurting so much.

No comments: