Friday, May 8, 2009

House Keys

Junior started his new schedule this week. He is working 5am until 2pm, Monday through Friday. It's great because he now has weekends off. It's not so great that I have to walk the kids to the bus stop every morning now. We used to pile in the van and drive down there, that way everyone stayed warm. Luckily the weather is nicer now, and we don't need the vans heat. My biggest fear is that I am going to accidentally lock myself out of the apartment. We don't have cell phones anymore, so I wouldn't even be able to call an Orlando Locksmith to come and help me out. It would be my luck that my neighbors would be gone, too, and I would be stuck outside all day until Junior got home from work. Ryan has been wanting us to give him a key so that on the days we are not here when he gets home, he can just let himself in. Right now I have a hook hidden outside where I hang a key if we leave before he gets home, and I really don't want to change that. I am afraid that if I give him a key, he will lose it. That would just cause more problems, because then we would have to request the locks be changed, and who knows if the management company would do that. We asked if we could change them when we moved in, and they said no. Ryan will just have to deal with things the way they are for now.

No comments: